The Story Behind The Sunset Theory
Edible flowers make stunning garnishes, as evidenced by this bright, balanced cocktail that gets its color from homemade hibiscus tea syrup.
- 2 ounces Townshend’s White Rose spirit
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ ounce Suze Gentian Liqueur
- ½ ounce hibiscus tea syrup (recipe follows)
- Egg white
- Flower for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker without ice and shake (this is called dry-shaking!).
- Transfer to a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake again to emulsify egg white.
- Double-strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a flower.
Hibiscus Tea Syrup Ingredients
- 2 bags herbal hibiscus tea
- ¾ cup hot water
- ¾ cup sugar
Hibiscus Tea Syrup Directions
- Steep tea in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add sugar while the water is still warm. Stir to combine.
- Keep refrigerated in a bottle for two weeks.