The Story Behind The Sweater Weather
Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays of the year, with people coming together to enjoy great food and drinks. Most people pair the meal with wine and beer, but, if you want to take it to the next level, mix up some of these Sweater Weather cocktails. They pair beautifully with fall flavors and are sure to impress your guests.
Frangelico, the hazelnut liqueur, can be overpowering in cocktails if it isn’t kept in check. Here, it plays beautifully off of pear syrup and rich, reposado tequila. The result might strike you as a little sweet at first — fortunately, aromatic bitters balance things out and add complexity.
- 2 ounces tequila reposado, such as Arette
- ½ ounce Frangelico
- ½ ounce pear syrup, such as Monin
- ½ ounce Angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients except bitters in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to chill and combine.
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass over an ice cube.
- Dash bitters over the top of your cocktail.
- Garnish and enjoy!