The Story Behind The Flower Power Sour
Floating bitters atop a cocktail is always striking. In this sour, rum-based drink, pineapple juice contrasts the red bitters beautifully, both visually and on the palate. White rum works deliciously as the base, balancing bitterness and the tartness of the pineapple and lemon juice with warm toasted sugar notes. This is essentially a sour cocktail that takes all flavors to the next level.
- 1 ½ ounces white rum
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3-4 dashes red aromatic bitters
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine ingredients.
- Strain out ice.
- Shake again for approximately 30 seconds to further emulsify ingredients.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!