The Story Behind The Cognac Cherry Cordial
As a child, I received a box of cherry cordials every year during the holidays. I would always try to like them, but their sweetness turned me off. This year, I decided to use those flavors to create a balanced cocktail with a lovely, not-too-sweet profile. Hints of chocolate and cherry marry beautifully with the Cognac, which has hints of vanilla and candied fruits.
Skipping dessert? Mix up one of these. You won’t miss a thing.
Ingredients In The Cognac Cherry Cordial:
- 2 ounces Cognac, such as Martell Blue Swift
- ½ ounce cherry syrup, such as Monin
- 1 ½ ounces sweet vermouth
- 1 bar spoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 to 5 dashes chocolate bitters
- Cherry cordial candy, for garnish (optional)
Cognac Cherry Cordial Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake to combine, and then strain into glass.
- Garnish with a vanilla cherry cordial, if using.