The Story Behind The Coco-Raspberry Colada
I recently learned Washington State is one of the top producers of raspberries, and so I wanted to make a cocktail that captures the beautiful Pacific Northwestern summer in a glass. This is a riff on one of my favorite drinks, the Miami Vice, and a cross between a Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Colada.
- 2 ounces rum, divided
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 to 5 raspberries, plus more for garnish
- Lime wheel, for garnish
- Add raspberries, lime juice, and 1 ounce of rum to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine, and then strain over crushed ice into a Collins or beer glass.
- In another (or clean) shaker, add cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and 1 ounce of rum.
- Shake coconut mixture to combine, and then strain on top of the raspberry mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and a lime wheel.