The Story Behind The Spicy Flamingo
This cocktail is a riff on the Spicy Margarita, adding fresh watermelon juice to complement the sourness of lime and replace the sweetness of triple sec. A little chili salt sprinkled over the watermelon wedge adds a hot foil to the cocktail’s fruity flavors.
- 2 ounces Altos Blanco Tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime
- 1 ounce fresh watermelon juice
- 1/2 ounce agave
- Garnish: chili salt topped watermelon wedge
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin with ice.
- Shake and strain into a double Old Fashioned glass over a 2x2-inch ice cube.
- Garnish with watermelon wedge and chili salt.
Rate This Recipe:
Related Reads & Recipes
Learn About Tequila
· Our always updated list of the best Tequila to buy right now!
More Tequila Recipes To Explore
Choose any fruity flavor to customize the drink and add PATRÓN Silver for a bright burst of all-natural, additive-free tequila.
Campo Viejo Cocktail Recipe:
From Manhattan's sleek Korean restaurant Oiji comes this stirred tequila cocktail made with Cynar, tamarind, and fresh citrus.
This golden-hued elixir — spicy and complex — showcases Don Julio Blanco’s versatility in this unique take on the Margarita.
The Tommy’s Margarita Recipe:
This simple alteration of the classic Margarita swaps out orange liqueur for agave nectar, adding just enough sweetness to balance the drink.
The Tequila Negroni Recipe:
A twist on the classic cocktail with Blanco Tequila instead of gin, and a touch of 18.21 Blood Orange + Ginger Shrub to give it some extra flair.
Don Julio Blanco Limonada:
If you're looking for a cocktail where tequila takes center stage, look no further than the Limonada, featuring Tequila Don Julio Blanco.