The Story Behind The Spicy Flamingo
This cocktail is a riff on the Spicy Margarita, adding fresh watermelon juice to complement the sourness of lime and replace the sweetness of triple sec. A little chili salt sprinkled over the watermelon wedge adds a hot foil to the cocktail’s fruity flavors.
- 2 ounces Altos Blanco Tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime
- 1 ounce fresh watermelon juice
- 1/2 ounce agave
- Garnish: chili salt topped watermelon wedge
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing tin with ice.
- Shake and strain into a double Old Fashioned glass over a 2x2-inch ice cube.
- Garnish with watermelon wedge and chili salt.