The Story Behind The The Cherry Bobomb
Hearth & Dram in downtown Denver is a whiskey lover's heaven. Located alongside the Hotel Indigo, the high-ceilinged bar stocks more than 420 whiskies, has local Leopold Bros. Whiskey on tap, and makes some truly exciting cocktails.
The best part? It’s constantly growing. Since opening in January 2017, Hearth and Dram has been expanding its collection and grown its staff of knowledgeable cocktail professionals in all the right ways. There are few things to toast the local flavor of Denver better than the Cherry Bobomb.
“Although it’s a cherry-flavored cocktail, it’s not overly sweet and the Chartreuse really brightens it up,” bartender Addison Blyeth tells me. “We don’t like overbearing sweet things here, and it’s not that. There’s herbal qualities and bitterness, and the sage garnish is a great addition.”
It’s hardy enough to stand up to Denver's winter, refreshing enough to brighten up a summer afternoon, and perfect for any time of day.
Ingredients In The The Cherry Bobomb:
- 2 ounces Leopold Bros. American Small Batch Whiskey
- 3/4 ounce housemade cherry syrup (equal parts Leopold Bros. Tart Cherry and Leopold Bros. Small Batch whiskey. Could also substitute Cherry Heering)
- 1/2 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- Cherry and sage leaf garnish
The Cherry Bobomb Directions:
- Add the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake.
- Pour into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with sage leaf and cherry.