The Story Behind The Peasant Wine Bar’s Hot Buttered Amaro Caldo
Marc Forgione’s new Peasant Wine Bar, located in NYC’s NoLita neighborhood, boasts an exhaustive wine list, but its cocktails shouldn’t be overlooked. The restaurant’s Hot Buttered Amaro Caldo — a combination of the classic Hot Buttered Rum and Amaro Caldo — is made with amaro, spices, and plenty of butter. The result is a decadent, drinkable dessert sure to satisfy any end-of-night craving.
Vanilla Caramel Mixture Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1 ¼ cups light cream or half-and-half
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
Vanilla Caramel Mixture Directions
- Cook the butter and brown sugar over low heat until fully melted and mixed.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cream, white sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Strain out cinnamon sticks and cloves.