The Story Behind The Tropical Escape
As the weather continues to disappoint, let’s go on a spiritual journey to a warmer place with this tropical delight. Sweet, spicy, and just a little acidic, this cocktail will take you on a mental vacation instantaneously.
We used white rum for the base, which is very Caribbean to begin with, and added fresh grapefruit juice to give it a nice sharp acidic taste. To balance it out, we invited a little orgeat syrup to the party, for an extra delightful flavor. To finish it off, we floated the aromatic bitters on top. Every time you sip your drink, you’ll get a delightful bouquet of herbs, fruits and spices.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounces grapefruit juice
- ½ ounce orgeat syrup
- ½ ounce aromatic bitters
- 2 cups ice
- Edible flowers (garnish)
- Crush 1 cup of ice and set aside
- Combine rum, grapefruit juice, orgeat syrup and 1 cup of ice in a cocktail shaker
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Fill rocks glass with crushed ice
- Strain ingredients over crushed ice
- Float aromatic bitters on top
- Garnish and Enjoy!