The Story Behind The Irish Mule
On a fresh mid-March day, the combination of vodka, lime and ginger beer is invigorating. But since today is Saint Patrick’s Day, I’ve decided to replace the vodka with Irish whiskey. I’ve also added mint to accentuate the ginger and lime. This is a perfect drink for parties, since it’s easy to put together and everyone can make their own, leaving you, the host, to relax and enjoy your evening even more.
So try this cocktail that’s sure to leave everyone green with envy this St. Patrick’s Day!
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 1 oz. Lime juice (Half a lime)
- Approx. 3 oz. ginger beer
- ½ cup of ice
- Fresh mint sprig for garnish
- Fill a glass tumbler (or copper mug) with ice, then pour in 2 oz. of Irish whiskey.
- Juice half a lime (approx. 1 oz.) directly into the glass.
- Fill the glass with ginger beer and stir to mix everything together.
- For extra aromatic effect, add a fresh mint sprig.