The Story Behind The Blue Agave Sour
It’s time to get tropical. This twist on a sour cocktail is made with tequila, blue Curacao, homemade pineapple syrup, fresh lime, and a frothy egg white. The roasted pineapple syrup is easy to make and so tasty you’ll want to put it on everything this summer.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- ½ ounce blue Curacao
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce roasted pineapple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake to chill and combine.
- Strain out ice, and then shake again to further emulsify.
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass.
Rate This Recipe:
Roasted Pineapple Syrup Ingredients
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
Roasted Pineapple Syrup Directions
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and then spread pineapple cubes in an even layer. Sprinkle with a small amount of sugar.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Remove roasted pineapple cubes from oven, and then add to a medium saucepan with sugar, water, and cinnamon stick.
- Simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Strain and let cool.