The Story Behind The Simplified Pornstar Martini
Some say the Pornstar Martini was given its cheeky name because it was inspired by its creator Douglas Ankrah’s idea of what a stripper’s perfume might smell like. Others insist that it was what Ankrah imagined a pornstar might order at the bar. While its etymology might be obscure, the Pornstar Martini’s flavor is quite the contrary — the creamy vanilla vodka is complemented by tangy, succulent passion fruit liqueur that packs a punch. A bit of lime juice and sparkling wine make for an even more intensely piquant taste, though this cocktail definitely maintains its sweetness.
Though the drink was invented in London, it reminds us of anything but scones and tea.
- 1½ ounces vanilla-flavored vodka
- ½ ounce passion fruit liqueur
- 1 ounce passion fruit puree
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces sparkling wine
- Lime wheel or half a passion fruit for garnish
- Note: A classic Pornstar Martini is garnished with half of a fresh passion fruit. This version uses a dehydrated lime, but you can use either.
- Combine all ingredients (except sparkling wine) in a cocktail shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or Martini glass.
- Top with sparkling wine, or serve in a small glass as a sidecar.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel (or half a passion fruit).