In April 2019, sources say, the eighth and allegedly final season of Game of Thrones will finally air on HBO. However, Johnnie Walker would have us believe that winter is already here. Johnnie Walker parent, Diageo announced on Monday that its Scotch whisky brand officially launched a line of GOT-inspired whiskies.
In collaboration with HBO and Game of Thrones, Diageo launched a chilly lineup of GOT-themed Scotch blends, including White Walker, which it had teased on Twitter in May; and the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection, announced on Twitter and via press release Monday morning.
Winter is here. Face the storm with the newest blend of Johnnie Walker, White Walker, in partnership with @GameofThrones. Best served ice cold from the freezer. pic.twitter.com/6hLBCzpH5L
— Johnnie Walker (@JohnnieWalkerUS) October 1, 2018
White Walker will debut at frozen distillery pop-ups this Saturday at New York Comic Con, according to the announcement.
White Walker by Johnnie Walker was created by whisky specialist and blender George Harper. The blend includes single malts from Cardhu and Clynelish, one of Scotland’s northernmost distilleries; and is best served from the freezer, according to the company, as a special temperature-controlled design will be revealed.
The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection includes eight blends. Seven are paired withthe Houses of Westeros, and one is dedicated to the Night’s Watch:
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve
- Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old
- Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve
Details about each limited-edition whisky are available here. All are available nationwide while supplies last.