It’s been a little over a week since our favorite food-themed holiday. The only thing better than looking back fondly on what we ate and drank? Data about what we ate and drank. Thanks to Untappd, we now know what users of the app were drinking the most on Thanksgiving.
On Thursday, Untappd tweeted the top 10 most checked-in beers from this year’s holiday. The No. 1 beer, with 2,712 check-ins, was Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout. This is an interesting development, considering that barrel-aged stout’s former rarity.
Sierra Nevada hits the list at numbers two and nine, with its annually anticipated Celebration Fresh Hop IPA, and Holiday Haze IPA, respectively. Hop heads are hop heads, at the end of the day, and nothing pairs with family time like a couple of well-done IPAs.
The real kicker is the brand that sneaks in at number 10: Budweiser.
These were Untappd’s top 10 Thanksgiving beers for 2018:
- Founders Brewing Canadian Breakfast Stout
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Celebration Fresh Hop IPA
- Boston Beer Samuel Adams Winter Lager
- Harpoon Brewery Dunkin’ Coffee Porter
- Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA
- Guinness Draught
- Yuengling Brewery Traditional Lager
- Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Holiday Haze IPA
- Budweiser Reserve Copper Lager
Untappd’s list shows us that beer nerds across the nation are pairing brews with their favorite foods. From sticky stouts to fresh hop IPAs, we’re glad to see so many great beers made it to the Thanksgiving table this year.