Whiskey fans have no shortage of quality brands to explore when shopping for their next bottle, but judging by the sales numbers, two labels are reached for more often than not.
According to data shared by the Spirits Business, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam are by far the best-selling American whiskey brands, with 12.3 and 10.7 million 9-liter cases sold in 2020, respectively. The nearest competitors, Evan Williams and Maker’s Mark, sold a fraction of that last year.
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, a unique blend of whiskey and honey liqueur, grew 6.3 percent to land in fifth place with 2 million cases sold, followed closely by Diageo’s Seagram’s 7 and Bulleit whiskeys.
Woodford Reserve deserves an honorable mention for breaking the million case mark for the first time. Sales of the brand’s whiskey surged 13.6 percent, the biggest gainer in the American whiskey field.
Check out the list below for the full details on the world’s best-selling American whiskey brands.
The Best Selling American Whiskey Brands in the World for 2021
- Jack Daniels (12.3 million cases)
- Jim Beam (10.7 million cases)
- Evan Williams (3 million cases)
- Maker’s Mark (2.4 million cases)
- Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey (2 million cases)
- Seagram’s 7 (1.9 million cases)
- Bulleit (1.8 million cases)
- Wild Turkey (1.7 million cases)
- Woodford Reserve (1 million cases)