The Story Behind The Wintry Night
Brighten up your winter with this seasonally inspired drink featuring sparkling rosé, sweet vermouth, cinnamon, and citrus.
- 4 ounces extra brut sparkling rosé, such as Gouguenheim Sparkling Malbec Extra Brut
- ½ ounce sweet vermouth, such as Bèrto Ross da Travaj Vermouth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Splash of blood orange bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Pour rosé into a white wine glass and gently stir in sweet vermouth, and then simple syrup.
- Dash bitters on top.
- Rub orange peel on the inside rim of the glass before dropping it into the drink.
Rate This Recipe:
Cinnamon Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
Cinnamon Simple Syrup Directions
- In a small pot, bring 4 cinnamon sticks and 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks with tongs and return to a boil.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups of sugar until dissolved.
- Let cool.