The Story Behind The Smoky Pineapple Margarita
This year, celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a new cocktail. While classic Margaritas are synonymous with summer, this smoky pineapple version is somehow even sunnier. Irresistibly simple and sure to impress, this cocktail combines fresh pineapple with bright lime and orange juice to create a drink you’ll keep mixing well beyond sunset. Designed with Espanita Anejo in mind, the tequila slips right in with thick honeyed notes. This particular Anejo will also lend roasted marshmallow flavors that spin into the taste of crisp apples, so you’ll never miss a thing about your old Margaritas.
- 2 ounces Espanita Anejo Tequila
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- Wet the rim of the glass and dip in the smoked sea salt. Fill the glass with fresh ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together diced pineapple, freshly pressed lime and orange juices, and agave nectar. Add Espanita Anejo Tequila and stir well to combine.
- Add a handful of ice and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the drink in the prepared cocktail glass.
- 1 tablespoon smoked sea salt, for rim
- Lime wedge
- Roll the glass's rim in the smoked sea salt.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
This article is sponsored by Espanita Tequila. To learn more, visit www.Espanita-Tequila.com.