The Story Behind The Rémy Martin 1738 Patchwork Gold
The Patchwork Gold is a decadent twist on the ubiquitous classic: the Old Fashioned. Instead of whiskey, this recipe calls for cognac– preferably one with lots of depth and richness like Rémy Martin 1738 Cognac. This particular offering is a blend of eaux-de-vie (distilled wine that is aged in French oak). With flavors of oak, hazelnut, dried fruit and dark chocolate, it’s a truly exceptional base for a spirited nightcap such as this.
Instead of adding a sugar cube or simple syrup, Créme de Cacao is used as the sweetener, while Amontillado sherry is also added to provide some dryness and a subtle nutty quality. Then finally, a mix of both traditional aromatic and cardamom bitters ties the ingredients together to create a familiar, yet unique take on this beloved cocktail.
- 1½ oz Rémy Martin 1738 Cognac
- ½ oz Créme de Cacao
- ½ oz Amontillado sherry
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- 2 dashes cardamom bitters
- Cherry and orange zest garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with quality cherries and orange zest.
Rate This Recipe:
This article is sponsored by Rémy Martin. Click the button below to stock your bar with premium cognac.