The Story Behind The Poinsettia Old Fashioned
This holiday twist on the Old Fashioned pays homage to everyone’s favorite seasonal perennial, the brilliant red poinsettia plant. With Johnnie Walker Black Label as the base, a spicy hibiscus and cranberry syrup brings fruit and floral notes while a few dashes of spiced bitters add heat. Perfect for a cold winter’s night, the cocktail is served over a large ice cube and finished off with a festive candied hibiscus flower.
This recipe is sponsored by Johnnie Walker.
- 1 1/2 ounces Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 1/4 ounce spiced hibiscus cranberry syrup
- 2 dashes habanero bitters
- Candied hibiscus flower garnish
- Combine ice, Johnnie Walker Black Label, spiced hibiscus cranberry syrup and habanero bitters over ice in a mixing glass.
- Strain into double rocks glass over large ice cube.
- Garnish with candied hibiscus flower.