The Story Behind The Knob Creek Old Fashioned
Beyond its historic roots and famous appearances on TV shows and in movies, the Old Fashioned is the best cocktail for allowing whiskey to shine. This is great news if the bottle you’re reaching for is Knob Creek — whether you opt for the decadent richness of Knob Creek’s 9-year-old Bourbon, or the playfully spiced Knob Creek Rye. Simple syrup and bitters build upon each spirit’s sweet and baking spice notes, while a fresh orange twist highlights the dried fruit notes that are a hallmark of fine, aged whiskey.
- 2 1/2 parts Bourbon (we recommend Knob Creek 9YO or Rye)
- 1/2 part simple syrup
- 3 dash bitters
- Garnish: lemon or orange twists
- Combine bourbon, simple syrup, and bitters in a rocks glass.
- Add a large cube and stir.
- Garnish with a lemon or an orange twist.
This recipe page is sponsored by James B. Beam Distilling Co. ©2021 Beam Suntory Inc. Chicago, IL