The Story Behind The Bobby Burns
Named after renowned Scottish poet Robert Burns, this cocktail provides much-needed warmth and spirit during the peak of winter, when Burns Night is celebrated to commemorate him. To prepare, add Johnnie Walker Black Label, sweet vermouth, herbal liqueur, and two dashes of aromatic bitters to a mixing glass with ice and stir, then strain into a coupe glass. The final product, topped with a lemon peel, is a complex classic worthy of regular rotation in your seasonal cocktail repertoire.
This recipe is sponsored by Johnnie Walker.
- 1 1/2 ounces Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 1/2 ounce Sweet vermouth
- 1/4 ounce Herbal liqueur
- 2 dashes Aromatic bitters
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Add Johnnie Walker Black Label, sweet vermouth, herbal liqueur and aromatic bitters.
- Stir and strain into a coupe glass.
- Serve neat and finish with a lemon peel garnish.