The Story Behind The The Dreamsicle Mimosa Recipe
“Milktooth Redefines Daytime Dining for America” crows the headlines heralding Jonathan Brooks’ brunch-only restaurant in Indianapolis. Housed in a refurbished auto garage in Indy’s Fletcher Place neighborhood, Milktooth earned Brooks a spot among Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs in 2015, and serves sour cream biscuits, lamb patty melts, and sorghum-glazed bacon alongside creative brunch cocktails.
Inspired by the orange Creamsicle pops Chef Brooks loved as a kid, this riff on the classic Mimosa is luscious without being cloying. Freshly squeezed orange juice and bergamot-spiked vodka offset the sweetness of the homemade vanilla cream. The bubbly topper keeps things festive and dreamy (this is brunch, after all).
Ingredients In The The Dreamsicle Mimosa Recipe:
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce bergamot vodka
- 1 ounce "dream cream" (housemade cream using sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean)
- Riondo Prosecco
- Cocktail shaker
The Dreamsicle Mimosa Recipe Directions:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Combine orange juice, vodka, and dream cream in shaker.
- Shake until ingredients are chilled and combined, and strain into a coupe glass.
- Top with Riondo Prosecco.
Ingredients In The Dream Cream:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
Dream Cream Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or lidded jar (such as a Mason jar).
- Whisk or shake vigorously until totally combined.