The Story Behind The Bulleit Rye Hot Toddy
A classic Hot Toddy is smooth, simple, and satisfying. Best enjoyed during the evening curled up next to a fireplace, this cold-weather classic can easily be reimagined with a bit more spice for an unexpected finish. Bulleit Rye as the base adds complexity with its high-rye recipe and notes of vanilla, honey, and spice. To mix, add Bulleit Rye, Demerara sugar, and lemon juice to a glass mug, top with boiling water, and stir to combine. For a crisp garnish, add a clove-studded lemon peel.
This recipe is sponsored by Bulleit.
- 1 1/3 ounces Bulleit Rye
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 lemon twist
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Demerara or fine brown sugar
- Hot water
- To begin, fill up a mug with fresh boiling water and let stand.
- While mug is warming up, cut a lemon twist and stud it with cloves.
- Next, throw out the water in the mug and add fresh boiling water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Demerara or fine brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add lemon and clove garnish and 1/4 ounce lemon juice and stir.
- Finally, add 1 1/3 ounces of Bulleit Rye and stir a final time.