The Story Behind The Beam Black Batched Bourbon Lemonade
Life doesn’t need to throw you lemons to enjoy a delicious, homemade lemonade — especially when you include a few choice ingredients to upgrade the experience. Freshly squeezed juice is, of course, key to a great lemonade. But adding a high-quality bourbon like Jim Beam Black, sweetening with maple syrup, and layering on more complexity with bitters, takes the summer staple to a whole new level. Best of all: This cocktail is perfect for batching, meaning one round of drinks goes a long way when you’re hosting a get together with friends or family.
- 3 parts Jim Beam Black Bourbon (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 parts fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 part cold water
- 1 part maple syrup
- Orange bitters to taste (recommended 18 dashes)
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Add ice and stir.
- Add ice to each guest's glass.
- Serve directly from the pitcher into glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon wheel.