Goose Island has announced the 2019 Bourbon County lineup of its famous bourbon barrel-aged stouts. Eight variants will once again take the stage, including seven stouts, and the return of one very special 2018 favorite. A collection of stouts will also make its debut.
Without further adieu, here are the Goose Island Bourbon County variants for 2019.
- Bourbon County Stout – The original Bourbon County Stout is aged in a mix of Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace, and Wild Turkey bourbon barrels for 2019.
- Bourbon County Double Barrel Stout – Doubling down on time and barrels, this variant is aged for two years in two different Elijah Craig barrels. It’s first aged one year in 11-year-old Elijah Craig barrels, then aged another year in 12-year-old Elijah Craig barrels.
- 2-year Reserve Bourbon County Stout – This oak-forward variant is aged for two years in 11-year-old Knob Creek barrels.
- Reserve Rye Bourbon County Stout – Aged exclusively in Heaven Hill’s highly sought after Rittenhouse Rye barrels for unique spice.
- Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout – An “homage to variants of years past,” 2019 Proprietor’s melds coconut, cocoa nibs, vanilla, and toasted pecans for a brew “reminiscent of Tiramisu.”
- Bourbon County Wheatwine Ale – After a successful debut last year, Wheatwine returns, aged in Larceny wheated bourbon barrels for a softer flavor profile.
- Bourbon County Café de Olla Stout – Bourbon County Stout with Intelligentsia Coffee beans and cold brew, along with cassia bark, orange peel, and panela sugar.
- Bourbon County Mon Chéri Stout – Made with Balenton and Montmorency cherries, granola, oats, and brown sugar. This newcomer is, très romantique, a liquid love letter from brewer Quinn “to his wife who loves cherries,” according to a press release.
Additionally for 2019, Goose Island is introducing the Bourbon County Stout Vertical Collection, a set of 2017, 2018, and 2019 Bourbon County Stouts. Tasting multiple vintages side-by-side will allow fans to “enhance your understanding of how the taste of BCS changes over time,” Goose Island said in a press release.
As always, Goose Island Bourbon County will go on sale on Black Friday (November 29, 2019). Stay tuned for our 2019 Bourbon County ranking in the coming months.