If you’re a frequent or occasional diner at popular U.S. chain restaurants like Outback Steakhouse, Chili’s Grill & Bar, or TGI Friday’s, you might want to consider this list of cocktails.
Eat This, Not That! identified “the unhealthiest cocktails in the nation,” including drinks from nine popular restaurant chains. The dieting website considered cocktails with at least 40 grams of sugar, and also accounted for saturated fat, sodium, and finally ranked by calorie count.
Regional and limited-time-only drinks were not considered for this list.
We have mixed feelings about being told to Eat This, Not That!, but this list is eye-opening nonetheless. Several are variations on the Margarita, while others are concoctions packed with cream and sugar.
Behold, the unhealthiest restaurant cocktails in America.
- 10. Outback Steakhouse’s Huckleberry Hooch Moonshine Cocktail
(140 calories, 31 g carbs, 116 g sugar)
- 9. Outback Steakhouse Watermelon Hunch Punch
(190 calories, 10 mg sodium, 45 g carbs, 129 g sugar)
- 8. Chili’s Spicy Sauza Jalapeno Margarita
(310 calories, 2,320 mg sodium, 45 g carbs, 40 g sugar)
- 7. TGI Friday’s Frozen Blue Hawaiian
(440 calories, 3.5 g fat, 30 mg sodium, 74 g carbs, 67 g sugar)
- 6. TGI Friday’s Flaming Frozen Lava Flow
(460 calories, 3.5 g fat, 40 mg sodium, 88 g carbs, 76 g sugar)
- 5. Texas Roadhouse Frozen Raspberry Margarita
(470 calories, 10 mg sodium, 83 g carbs, 76 g sugar)
- 4. Red Lobster’s Raspberry Lobsterita
(500 calories, 10 mg sodium, 82 g carbs, 70 g sugar)
- 3. Red Lobster’s Alotta Colada
(580 calories, 7 g fat, 30 mg sodium, 109 g carbs, 98 g sugar)
- 2. TGI Friday’s Ultimate Mudslide
(740 calories, 26 g fat, 150 mg sodium, 88 g carbs, 86 g sugar)
- 1. Red Robin’s Blue Moon Beer Shake
(840 calories, 39 g fat, 260 mg sodium, 97 g carbs, 78 g sugar)
Sugar-shocked? Try whipping up your own cocktails with these classic recipes.