The Story Behind The The Square Root Of Saint John
If you haven’t found your favorite Scotch whisky cocktail yet, there’s a good chance that’s about to change. Introducing the Square Root of Saint John, an original cocktail by Jon Linstead, the general bar manager of Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The cocktail is a mix of Johnnie Walker Blenders’ Batch Triple Grain American Oak, Courvoisier, Punt e Mes Vermouth, Bitter Truth Pimento Dram, lavender bitters, and Angostura bitters. Simply stir all the ingredients over ice and serve over ice with a lemon peel garnish. Enjoy!
- 2 ounces Johnnie Walker Blenders’ Batch Triple Grain American Oak
- 1 ounce Courvoisier
- 1 ounce Punt e Mes vermouth
- 2 barspoons of Bitter Truth Pimento Dram
- 2 drops of lavender bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Combine ingredients in mixing glass.
- Add ice.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with lemon twist.