The Story Behind The Peppermint Old Fashioned
The Peppermint Old Fashioned is a delicious invigorating cocktail that has the delight of a snowy winter day in each sip. It brings together everyone's favorite holiday flavor: peppermint, with the equally seasonal notes of orange peel, and the warmth of PATRÓN Añejo. What’s not to love about that?
With easy assembly, the addition of tequila and peppermint syrup make this cocktail a go-to for holiday parties and festive activities. Just combine all of the ingredients into a large mixing glass, stir and strain over ice to enjoy — and don’t forget to garnish with an orange peel for that true Old Fashioned appeal.
- 2 ½ ounces PATRÓN Extra Añejo
- ½ ounce peppermint simple syrup *see below for recipe & instructions
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Garnish: Orange peel
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and stir with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large cube.
- Garnish with a flamed orange peel.
Rate This Recipe:
Peppermint simple syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ bunch fresh peppermint
- 1 sprig rosemary
Peppermint simple syrup Directions
- Combine water, sugar, star anise, cloves, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Heat on medium and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add rosemary and peppermint, then steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain and cool.
This cocktail recipe is sponsored by PATRÓN.