The Story Behind The Blackberry Margarita
Blackberry season starts in early spring, and since Margaritas are too delicious to relegate to summer alone, why not spice things up a bit? The Blackberry Margarita embraces the juicy tartness of fresh blackberries, complemented with notes of spiced cinnamon.
For this unique spin, add lemon juice, muddled fresh blackberries, cinnamon powder and agave to PATRÓN Añejo. With rich notes of oaked wood, vanilla, and honey, the Añejo expression is the perfect tequila to enjoy blackberries throughout the cooler months, as we’re sure farmers and harvesters hoped and intended.
- 2 ounces PATRÓN Añejo
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce agave syrup
- 7 fresh blackberries
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Garnish: 1-3 fresh blackberries
- Add all ingredients to a shaker.
- Muddle gently to break up the fruit.
- Add several cubes of ice and shake.
- Double-strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a few fresh blackberries.
Rate This Recipe:
This cocktail recipe is sponsored by PATRÓN.