The Story Behind The Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned
For s'more lovers stuck indoors, few cocktails beat a fireplace-ready smoky Old Fashioned flavored with toasted marshmallow. This recipe riffs on the classic Old Fashioned recipe with Scotch, adds toasted marshmallow syrup (recipe included), and a few dashes of aromatic bitters for balance. Extra credit if you toast a marshmallow for garnish.
- 2 ounces Scotch
- ¼ ounce toasted marshmallow syrup (see recipe below)
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- Add Scotch, toasted marshmallow syrup, and aromatic bitters to a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir, then strain into rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with toasted marshmallow.
Toasted Marshmallow Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 large toasted marshmallows
Toasted Marshmallow Syrup Directions
- Torch 6 marshmallows with kitchen torch.
- Add sugar, water, and marshmallows to pan.
- Simmer until sugar and marshmallows are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and strain.