Welcome to Williamsburg, the hippest and most happening ‘hood in all of Brooklyn. It’s hard to believe that just 20 years ago, Williamsburg was a place that you did not want to find yourself in; nowadays, you can’t pick up any form of travel-related literature without a reference to this Brooklyn neighborhood. With endless restaurants […]
We love American wine — and by American wine, we don’t just mean California. Yes, we do have Cali to thank for nearly 90 percent of our country’s vino production, but what about the other 10 percent? Oregon, Washington and even Texas are putting out some stellar-quality wines; though this week, we’re paying homage to […]
The Minetta Tavern Black Label Burger has become an icon for burger fans the world over. Made from a proprietary blend of Pat LaFrieda beef that includes NY strip, skirt steak, brisket and dry aged ribeye – the same ribeye that’s on the menu for $90 by the way – it’s a burger that is decadent […]
You might not immediately expect a Michelin starred restaurant with a prix-fixe tasting menu to have one of the best restaurant bars in the United States – assuming instead that this is a restaurant that would be all consumed with its wine list and dinner clientele, instead of creating a casually elegant and laid back […]
NEHS ga-DOL hah-YAH POH. That’s Hebrew for ”a great miracle happened here” and it’s something that Jewish people in Israel say at Chanukah (Jews elsewhere around the world change poh – which means here – to shah, which means there).
New York City has a rich culinary history, owing both to its age and the waves of immigrants who have settled there over the centuries. In the late eighteenth century, the Sons of Liberty plotted revolution in Fraunces Tavern. In the late nineteenth century, Delmonico’s introduced à la carte fine dining to America. Speakeasies, nightclubs and extravagant […]
New York is the best state for Bourbon in America right now – yes, you read that correctly. You might be wondering, ”Isn’t bourbon only made in Kentucky?” The answer, as we’ve written before, is no. While bourbon has to be made in America, the production is certainly not limited to the one state of […]
We’re big fans of spy movies here at VinePair, so when a spy-themed speakeasy opened steps away from our offices in the East Village of NYC, we knew we had to check it out. Called Dead Drop, you enter the bar via a staircase into the basement of the restaurant North River, where you’re greeted […]
The idea was simple enough when it first began, Matt Baldassano wanted to make some wine at his apartment in Manhattan to carry on the tradition of his grandfather, and maybe meet a girl or two in the process.